On this 1-day course, you will learn how to use the on-board functions, how to transfer data and you will be shown a variety of tips an tricks from our expert trainer for maximum productivity.
By the end of the course, delegates will be able to:
- Set the position and orientation of the total station
- Enter data into the controller manually
- Connect the controller with the total station
- Navigate around the menus and programs
- Navigate the stored information in list format and map view
- View, edit, add and delete data
- Enter the correct settings
- Select the correct prism constant
- Take a topographical survey and record the results systematically
- Set out points of known co-ordinates using on board functionality
- Set out points in relation to a given line using on board functionality
- Set out points at given chainages and offsets along a radius e.g. road centrelines using on board functionality
- Transfer large amounts of data from the total station to the computer and vice versa
- Extract line data e.g the horizontal distance and level difference between two points
- Measure irregular areas and volumes such as stockpiles
- Import and work with DXF and DTMs
- Create and export DXFs and DTMs
- Import and export data to and from Excel and survey software
This course is suitable for anyone who has working knowledge of Total Stations and would like to learn how to use a Robotic Total Station.
If you do not have practical experience of Total Stations, you can attend either our 5-day Setting Out For Construction or 3-day Total Station for Construction course.