GAIL MCEWEN BSc (hons) is Director and Lead Trainer for Setting Out For Construction. She is a Civil Engineer with thirteen years’ experience of the construction phase of Civil Engineering projects. Gail is an Approved Trainer for the Construction Industry Training Board (CITB) and is a PhD Researcher at Glasgow Caledonian University. Her site experience includes a range of hands-on and supervisory site-based roles including operating dozers, graders and excavators, site engineering and site management. She is skilled in the use of the full range of setting out equipment, CAD/survey software and machine control equipment and takes delegates on a practical learning journey through relating the physical site to the design, installing control points, appropriate tools and methods for setting out various construction elements, and carrying out as-built surveys.
Gail has a natural training and coaching style which she puts to great use in the classroom as well as when she is working with clients. As a Site Engineer, she trained and mentored many younger engineers which led to switching her focus to a full-time training role. She has an in-depth knowledge of the full construction process and uses this to help delegates put the learning in to the context of their own situations.
BSc (hons) Environmental Civil Engineering
Approved Trainer for the CITB
PhD - ongoing
- 1-day GNSS Awareness
- 1-day Machine Control for Site Engineers (Leica MC1)
- 1-day Machine Control for Site Engineers (Trimble Earthworks)
- 1-day Robotic Total Station for Construction
- 2-day 3D Modelling and Mapping for Site Engineers (Civil 3D)
- 2-day 3D Modelling and Mapping for Site Engineers (n4ce)
- 2-day AutoCAD for Site Engineers
- 2-day Levelling and Taping
- 3-day Total Station for Construction
- 5-day Setting Out For Construction