SAFFRON GRANT BEng (Hons) is the Founder of Setting Out For Construction. She is an experienced Civil Engineer. During her 19 years working in the construction industry, she has worked for contractors, designers and clients. Saffron is an Approved Trainer for the Construction Industry Training Board (CITB) and an Associate Lecturer for Glasgow Caledonian University.
Saffron set up Setting Out For Construction fourteen years ago, with the sole intention of providing site engineers, and those who want to start a career in the industry, with the knowledge and skills they need to be the best engineers they can be.
Saffron is a Master Practitioner in NLP (Neuro Linguistic Programming) and is an accomplished consultant, coach and trainer in a wide range of disciplines including practical construction training, communication, employability skills and team performance. Her holistic approach to coaching, facilitating and training means she’s flexible and able to accommodate audiences of any kind. She has an exceptional ability to explain complex concepts in a simple way and to put things into a context that is relevant to the learner.
Saffron is a member of the following industry groups:
- The Construction Industry Leadership Group for Skills and Training
- The Future Skills sub-group of the ILG (Chair)
- The Scottish Construction Industry Recovery Plan, diversity and future skills consultation group
- The Climate Emergency Skills Action Plan focus group
- The Skills Development Scotland (SDS) Digital Technology Skills Group (DTSG).
She is also the author of the highly-acclaimed, Amazon No1 Best Seller Setting out for Construction: A Practical guide to Site Surveying.