Privacy matters to us because trust is a foundation for a trusting working relationship. This privacy notice explains how we will collect, store and use your details. This privacy notice relates to our website, our booking process, our training and how we keep in touch with you in the future.
Who we are?
Setting Out For Construction is a trading name of Built Environment Support and Training Ltd. Our registered office is 272 Bath Street, Glasgow, G2 4JR.
What information do we collect?
- During the course booking process we will collect company name, phone number, contact name and address.
- Any credit or debit card payments and Direct Debits are handled by third parties. We do not see your details. We only use providers who are GDPR compliant.
- We will collect delegate email addresses so we can send the link to online supporting material. Delegates then register for the courses with third party platforms which are GDPR compliant. You can unsubscribe from these courses and associated mailing lists at any time.
- If you call us on our 0845 number, your phone number will be displayed and we may call you back on that number. After the booking process we do not keep your number without your permission.
- If you provide your number as part of the enquiry or booking process we will not use it for marketing purposes, or share it with anyone else.
- We will collect your Construction Training Register details so we can add the courses you attend to your profile on the register. CITB is a GDPR compliant organisation. We take no responsibility for how they use your data. If you would like to make any changes to your profile on the CTR you must contact CITB directly.
How do we use personal information?
We use your data for:
- personalisation of content, business information or user experience
- account set up and administration
- delivering marketing and events communication
- carrying out polls and surveys
- internal research and development purposes
- providing goods and services
- legal obligations (eg prevention of fraud)
- meeting internal audit requirements
What legal basis do we have for processing your personal data?
All data we collect is based on one or more of the following legal grounds:
- legitimate interests
- vital interests
- public task
- legal obligation
If you do not wish to use the online learning material, you do not need to provide your email address.
If you sign up to our online courses or newsletter, you can unsubscribe at any time.
When do we share personal data?
If you wish to be added to the Construction Training Register, we will share your data with the CITB. If we use third party software, they are GDPR compliant.
Where do we store and process personal data?
We store your data on:
- A spreadsheet which is only accessible to SOFC employees and associates. The spreadsheet is stored securely
- 3rd party software which is GDPR compliant
- Printed hard copy invoices
- Electronic copies of invoices
- Correspondence contained within our email inbox, sent items and address book.
How do we secure personal data?
We store your personal data in a way that:
- protects data against accidental loss
- prevents unauthorised access, use, destruction or disclosure
- ensures business continuity and disaster recovery
- restricts access to personal information
How long do we keep your personal data for?
We store customers data for at least 7 years. This is for accounts purposes.
We store marketing data for as long as you wish to remain on our online course or marketing lists. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Your rights in relation to personal data
- access the details we hold about you at any time
- request correction and deletion (unless we are required by law to keep the data)
- withdraw consent at any time (you must withdraw consent from CITB separately, we have no control over that)
- lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office
How to contact us?
If you wish to discuss anything in this document you can call us on 0845 519 563 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes, then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Linking to other websites / third party content
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
CITB Fair Processing Notice
The information you provide to the CITB Approved Training Organisation, Setting Out for Construction, will be used for administering Training Courses and for purposes connected with the Construction Industry Training Board’s (“CITB”) role as an Industrial Training Board in accordance with the Industrial Training Act 1982.
Your data will be held securely and treated confidentially and will not be disclosed to external parties other than as required for the purposes described above. This may include sharing your information on the CITB Construction Training Register as well as with employers, awarding organisations, competency card schemes or training providers.
Further information, including your legal rights and how your information may be used, can be found by:
- viewing the CITB Privacy Notice online at citb.co.uk/privacy;
- asking the Approved Training Organisation for information about how they manage your personal data.
If you would like us to email you a dated PDF version of our privacy statement, please email email@example.com.