AutoCAD for Site Engineers (2 DAYS)
- Improve productivity
- Latest software used
- Small class sizes
This course is aimed at people who want to learn to use AutoCAD within the construction industry.
Learning to use AutoCAD software correctly can boost your project productivity, demonstrate your competence as a business to external parties and allow Engineers to spend less time in the office and more time out on site.
Setting Out for Construction is an Approved Training Organisation.
By the end of the course, delegates will be able to:
- Describe the characteristics of different file types (e.g. DWG, DXF, DTM, CSV, LandXML)
- Import data from field controllers
- Create tables of relevant data
- Use CAD tools effectively
- Create, edit and insert dynamic blocks (annotate coordinates etc) and create block visibilities
- Select points from the model and export them to a setting out schedule
- Isolate relevant information
- Check and convert units
- Create setting out models (i.e profile/batter rail positions) using chainages and intervals
- Check and amend corrupt files
- Remove all unused items to reduce file size
- Merge two AutoCAD models
- Create, edit and delete layers
- Import and align external files such as PDFs and images
- Bind external files to the model
- Use layers to isolate relevant information and check items are on correct layer
- Create a company drawing template
- Change settings to always open AutoCAD using your company templates
- Create, edit and delete viewports
- Create sheet sets (varying paper sizes of company templates)
- Compare changes between drawing revisions
- Associate drawing objects with hyperlinks
- Create, insert and delete revision clouds
- Insert, edit and delete text
Want us to keep in touch?